Saturday, February 22, 2014

Out God-Watching

"How can anyone deny the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me."

If this is any indication of the kind of badassery Zora Neale Hurston got up to in her time, I know I wouldn't be too shy to stray into the likes of her company ever. I want this mantra to soak into me, however long as it takes, until I am just as sparkly and beautiful from within as this time-enduring figure of female pride and empowerment.

Not to mention, this woman was stylin' inside and out. Yes, I am speaking to you mysteriously perched feather of perfection, beaded encirclement of shell wonder, carpet bag concealing magic powers. Oh hello, it also appears Ms. Hurston is the original couch surfer, and in that very radical pose too. A true pioneer in all regards!





xx, a Christina echoing words of affirmation to herself
photos via tumblr

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love Zora Neale Hurston and I never knew she held such a presence in fashion. It would be cool to see more cultural icons being weaved into the history of fashion!

    ReplyDelete